Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Our First Fair of 2009

This past weekend was the Franklin County Field Days. Our farm attended with two of our goats and did relatively well in the open dairy goat show. I showed our Oberhasli doe Sally who is in full lactation (and producing very well I might add), and Blaise showed Charlotte an Oberhasli doeling. I showed in the adult fitting and showmanship class, which I took first in. Blaise took third in his fitting and showmanship class.

In the conformation class I took fourth with Sally. For some reason all of the does in milk placed the lowest in the 12 months and older class. Blaise took fifth in a class of 6 other young doelings (which was a VERY tough class). I think the placings were very accurate in the younger doelings class however the older doe class was a mess in my honest opinion.

Despite a few issues we had a GREAT time showing and we enjoyed the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment