Monday, May 25, 2009

The Never Ending to-do List

The minute you begin to pat yourself on your back after noticeable progress it seems there is another big thing to do. My barn has been a work in progress for a solid 6 months. I purchased the lumber last year and made the frame to the doe area. It sat all winter and finally this spring the floor was made and the milk room was added. This weekend the roof was put up on the main area.

As obvious, the barn isn't huge or fancy schmancy. Indeed it will keep the rain off me, allow me room for milking equipment, and keep the goats content (a hard task in itself). The front room is the milking room which will be the main entrance and the back is the loafing area for the hard working does. I expect this facility to efficiently house 4-6 milking does.

I plan to keep a customer fridge in the milk room that all established customers will be able to obtain there milk from. I will also have a small retail shelf of our soaps, maple syrup, and other farm products. The milk room should be open by mid-June.

No comments:

Post a Comment